Written by: Leonard Parker | Houston Marketing Opportunities | 25th October
Creative Content Writer
Are you a passionate writer with a journalism, feature writing, or creative writing background? Our Digital Media Solutions team is looking for a full-time digital creative content writer to help us craft compelling native articles, SEO-optimized landing pages, and social advertising content that primarily showcases the many great attractions, accommodations, events, and destinations in Texas and Louisiana. Similar content on a smaller scale is required for our other verticals. The person who steps into this role must have the ability to write engaging, approachable, and accurate digital content that converts readers into visitors or customers. They must also be willing to follow directions and incorporate feedback into future assignments. If you have a passion for writing, we want to hear from you!
What We’re Looking For
· Two or more years of digital content writing experience for an agency, publication, or an in-house marketing team
· Strong creative writing skills and the ability to edit your own work for accuracy, clarity, consistency, grammar, and spelling
· Excellent communication skills and a team-first mentality
· An inquisitive mind and a high degree of initiative
· A portfolio with examples of short- and long-form writing
· Familiarity with SEO copywriting best practices
· The ability to conduct research independently, along with the innate curiosity to go beyond the surface level
· Bachelor's Degree
· Education focused on advertising, digital media, or communications
· Client facing experience
· The ability to stay highly organized, optimistic, & coachable through quickly changing, deadline driven situations
· An understanding of digital advertising & Social Media Advertising Platforms
· Microsoft PowerPoint
· Microsoft Excel
· Google Marketing Platform
o Tag Manager
o Data Studio
What We Offer
· We offer a competitive salary, health and benefits package, PTO and 401(k).
· A friendly and supportive work environment
· The opportunity to with a variety of clients across several verticals, while honing your writing abilities and expanding your skillset
· The chance to work with Abbie, our very friendly office puppy
Since our founding in 1991, AJR Media Group has provided best in class media solutions to clients throughout the USA. Today, we offer integrated media solutions through traditional, digital publisher direct, and our programmatic trading desk, reaching audiences worldwide. AJR’s strength lies in the deep relationships we have built with our clients, publishers, and team.
AJR Media Group’s Digital Media Solutions division includes both our programmatic solutions and our owned leading travel websites: TourTexas.com and TourLouisiana.com. We offer a full suite of data-driven programmatic channel availability, plus domestic and international first party offerings. We collaborate with each of our partners to develop integrated media campaigns, strategically guiding target audiences through the User Journey Funnel, and ultimately, to conversion.
Our philosophy is based on building and maintaining strong relationships by providing targeted media solutions with a deep emphasis on customer service.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Benefits:Dental insuranceFlexible scheduleHealth insurancePaid time off
Schedule:8 hour shiftMonday to Friday
Application Question(s):How many years of digital marketing experience do you currently have?How many years of professional writing experience do you have?
Work Location: One location