There is a lot of BUZZ around social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, LinkedIn), but how can social media be leveraged by a financial advisor?
How can you actually use social media to grow your book of clients?
It all starts with understanding that social media is the new word of mouth. The best way to use social media is to enhance the engagement & loyalty of your existing clients and by extension of that and social media platforms, you will grow your repeat business and referral business.
Here are some steps to get social media marketing working for you:
1. Setup social media profile on the major social sites for your company:
2. Send an email blast to your existing email list (if you have one) letting them know that you want to connect with them on social media & that you now have social profiles. Offer them some incentive to “Like You”, “Follow You” and/or “subscribe” to you.
3. Add social media to your day-to-day business practices and systematically invite your customers to engage with you online.
4. Add links to your business cards, brochures, marketing materials, website and email signature
5. POST VALUABLE CONTENT – This may be the most important component of your social media strategy. If you have thousands of fans and followers, but don’t add value…you will have accomplished nothing. You need to post relevant updates, tips, ideas, techniques & news on a daily basis.
Expert Tip: Try to keep 90% of your posts informational & 10% (or less) promotional.
6. Engage with your clients. You need to stay on top of your social media profiles and engage with your fans/followers when / if they post or reply to your profiles.